Updated Monday April 20, 2020, 10:22 am
I know many in our community are concerned about the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus. Team Fife will do our best to provide updates and direct constituents to reliable sources of information about preventative measures and public health advisories.
Updates are available daily on the following websites:
Information from Region of Waterloo Public Health on local cases, how to protect yourself, and where to seek further medical support.
Information from Ontario’s Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Find out how to protect yourself, what to do if you’re sick, and how to recognize possible symptoms. Updated twice daily, in 30 languages.
Information from the Government of Ontario and the Public Health Agency of Canada
Updates on the national response, travel advice, and preparedness.
Important travel advisories and restrictions related to COVID-19, from the Government of Canada.
The Government of Ontario and Public Health Officials are asking for people to please use the self-assessment tool if you think you have 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it. Use the tool to help determine if you need to seek further care.
For Medical Advice
For medical advice, you may contact Telehealth Ontario, a free, confidential service. A Registered Nurse will take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Information is available in multiple languages.
State of Emergency
- On March 17, 2020, the Premier declared a State of Emergency in the province of Ontario.
- As of March 25, 2020, all non-essential businesses were ordered closed by the government of Ontario. The list of essential workplaces can be found here.
- If you require further clarity, please call the government of Ontario business hotline: 1-888-444-3659. Open 7 days a week, from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
- On March 25, 2020, the Region of Waterloo and all seven municipalities declared a State of Emergency.
- On April 14, 2020, the Provincial Government extended the State of Emergency until May 12, 2020.
Our Constituency Office - Closed to in-person meetings
My team and I are working remotely and we will continue to serve our constituents — via phone: 519-725-3477 & email: email@example.com.
We may be slower to respond than usual due to a high volume of calls and emails, but rest assured that we will reply as quickly as possible.