Leading Women, Leading Girls, Building Communities awards are back for 2022/2023!
MPP Catherine Fife is thrilled to announce the return of the Leading Girls, Leading Women Awards. This program recognizes the remarkable contributions of women and girls who live in Waterloo and have demonstrated exceptional leadership to improve the lives of others.
There are two separate categories: Leading Girls awards are for nominees 17 years of age or younger; Leading Women awards are for nominees 18 years of age or older. To be eligible, women or girls must reside within the boundaries of the Waterloo riding and must not have received the award in the past. The award recognizes women and girls for:
- Breaking down barriers and encouraging women and girls to get involved in non-traditional careers
- Championing or actively promoting issues such as equality, diversity, healthy equal relationships
- Preventing violence against women and girls
- Reducing racism and discrimination
- Encouraging girls to participate in any part of public service
- Acting as a positive role model by mentoring, coaching, leading events or organizations
- Providing a positive example to women and girls in their communities
Nominations require the submission of a nomination form and two letters of support, which could be from a teacher or principal, community leader, mentor, employer, or others who have volunteered with the nominee. For more information on the nomination process, including eligibility criteria, download a copy of the nomination package here. Nominations can be submitted by email to [email protected] or in person at MPP Fife’s Constituency Office, located at 100 Regina Street S., Suite 220.
The nomination period closed on Sunday, January 15, 2023. The winners will be announced in late January 2023 with an event to follow in late February 2023.
Looking for more information about this program? Have questions? Email [email protected] or call 519-725-3477.