To the Legislative Assembly of Ontario:
WHEREAS Ontarians should get health care based on need – not the size of your wallet;
WHEREAS Premier Doug Ford and Health Minister Sylvia Jones say they’re planning to privatize parts of health care;
WHEREAS privatization will bleed nurses, doctors and PSWs out of our public hospitals, making the health care crisis worse;
WHEREAS privatization always ends with patients getting a bill;
THEREFORE, WE THE UNDERSIGNED petition the Legislative Assembly of Ontario to immediately stop all plans to privatize Ontario’s health care system, and fix the crisis in health care by:
- Repealing Bill 124 and recruiting, retaining, and respecting doctors, nurses, and PSWs with better working conditions.
- Licensing tens of thousands of internationally educated nurses and other health care professionals already in Ontario, who wait years and pay thousands to have their credentials certified.
- 10 employer-paid sick days.
- Making education and training free or low-cost for nurses, doctors, and other health care professionals.
- Incentivizing doctors and nurses to choose to live and work in Northern Ontario.
- Funding hospitals to have enough nurses one very shift, on every ward.